Thursday 30 December 2010

Loony Eleven

G'day

On January 1st 2011, I will join a few hundred other nutters to go in the Firth of Forth to start the year.  It's called the Loony Dook.

Couple of reasons - first, it'll give me a way to make use of the additional blubber I've laid down over the past few months while I've been injured and unable to run as usual.

Second, it's the start of a year of fundraising.  I plan to do 11 different 'challenges' in 2011.  Confirmed so far, injury permitting, are the Loony Dook, 12 munros in 3 days in early May, the 7 Hills of Edinburgh race in June and the Berlin marathon in September.   I also plan to climb Ben Nevis at some point and do a long cycle somewhere.  Other suggestions I've had so far are to run a race in fancy dress and to skydive, abseil or wing-walk. (These last suggestions from someone who knows how I feel about heights and presumably thinks that's amusing...) Happy to hear any other suggestions anyone has, and I'll update any confirmed events as and when I can.

In the mean time, here's the links if you think any of this is worthy of a contribution to one of the causes I'm supporting:

For Ward 1 of the Royal Hospital for Sick Children:
www.justgiving.com/sandy2011-sickkids

And for Care International:
www.justgiving.com/sandy2011-care

Really appreciate any support you can give. I'll post Loony Dook pictures as soon as I've thawed! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment