Tuesday 24 August 2010

I've been struggling with my running a bit these past few months. The year started brilliantly, with PBs at 5K, 10K, 10-mile and half-marathon.
Then started struggling with annoying wee injuries. Was delighted just to be able to finish the Edinburgh marathon with no major issues, never mind the high hopes I'd had for a PB earlier in the season.
But got round, and then over the next few months I did some of the most enjoyable races I've ever done - 7 Hills of Edinburgh, Black Rock 5, Dumyat. But the niggles kept coming and my times at standard races were nowhere near my best. Finally, I did what I should have done months back and I've been resting a bit. Taking it easy, doing more cross training (cycling, fitness classes, hillwalking). And at last I feel like my injuries are going.
Ran 4 miles pain-free this morning and it felt good. Apart from being noticeably less fit for running!

Finally I feel like I can look ahead to achieving something in 2011, the way I felt at the strt of this year. And Shona seems happy enough with a week up near Fort William in April next year. Guess who'll be signing up for the Lochaber marathon in the next few days?!

No comments:

Post a Comment